- Bjelovar-Bilogora County
- Brod-Posavina County
- Dubrovnik-Neretva County
- Istria County
- Karlovac County
- Koprivnica-Križevci County
- Krapina-Zagorje County
- Lika-Senj County
- Međimurje County
- Osijek-Baranja County
- Požega-Slavonia County
- Primorje-Gorski Kotar County
- Sisak-Moslavina County
- Split-Dalmatia County
- Šibenik-Knin County
- Varaždin County
- Virovitica-Podravina County
- Vukovar-Srijem County
- Zadar County
- Zagreb County
Area: 2,448 km2
Age – average age: 37.7
Gender – 48% men; 52% women
Education level: higher education: 6.5%; secondary school qualifications: 41.3%; primary school 26.3%; no education: 5.3%
Administration: 5 towns, 26 municipalities
GDP per capita: 5.974,00 EUR
Unemployment rate: 31.3 %
Average gross salary(monthly): 465 EUR for 2011.
Export and import data: the total exports in 2009 amounted to 151,407 thousands USD; imports amounted to 269,211 thousands USD; balance: - 118 million USD; coverage of import by export 56.1%. In the first half of 2010, exports grew significantly and amounted to 188.3 million USD; while imports reached 84.7 million USD.
Key export products:
- Food industry – sugar and sugar products
- Wood processing industry – various saw-mill products, veneer, parquetries, wood construction material, pellets
- Construction material – roof tiles, bricks, concrete pipes, construction structure
- Metal-processing industry – production of combine harvesters, machinery and devices, various metal products
The most important foreign trade partners (export markets in 2009)
- Italy (16.88%)
- Germany (13.03%)
- Slovenia (11.32%)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina (9.88%)
- Romania (9.55%)
- other (39.42%)
The most important exporting companies in 2009:
Sladorana d.d., Same Deutz-Fahr Žetelice d.o.o., Spačava d.d., Dilja d.o.o., Šišarka d.o.o., Grad-Export d.o.o., Vibrobeton d.d., Boro – kožna obuće d.o.o., Borovo-gumitrade d.o.o., Nexus d.o.o., Gutić d.o.o., Malagić d.o.o.
- processing industry
- agriculture, forestry and fisheries
Trends in the economy: the overall revenues of the county in 2009 amounted to 9.5 billion HRK and are 10.1% lower in comparison to the previous year. The share of the county in the total Croatian revenues equals 1.5%, roughly the same figure as in the previous years.
Investments in the recent years: the total investments in the industry of Vukovar-Srijem County in 2009 totalled 81.34 million EUR (1.2% of the total investments in Croatia) which represents a 29.5% drop in comparison to the previous year.
The most significant investments were oriented to the following industries:
- processing industry – 35.03%
- agriculture and forestry – 28.28%
- trade – 13.33%
- water supply, sewage system and similar – 9.07%
- processing industry – especially food processing industry (41.01% of the total revenues), non-metal mineral products (15.43%), wood products and wood processing (13.10%), production of machinery and devices (12.96%)
- agriculture, forestry and fisheries
Employment: Processing industry: 26.56% (4,785 persons), wood industry: 7.1% (1,279 persons), agriculture, forestry and fisheries: 14.12% (2,543 persons), construction: 14.63% (2,636 persons).
List of the most important companies:
- Sladorana Jsc.
- Spačva Jsc.
- Dilj Ltd.
- Grad – Export Ltd.
- Borovo-kožna obuća Ltd.
- Vuteks feniks Ltd.
- Unidal Ltd.
- Same Deutz Fahr Žetelice Ltd.
Institutions fostering research and development:
- Institute for social sciences, Ivo Pilar, Branch Centre Vukovar
- Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Centre for Scientific Work in Vinkovci
Business zones: In the area of Vukovar-Srijem County it is planned to build 13 business zones. Nine business zones have been constructed and are equipped with all necessary infrastructure, while the others are in the initial stage of development or in the planning phase.
Completed business zones:
- Business Zone Vukovar, City of Vukovar
- Business Zone Priljevo, City of Vukovar
- Podunavska Free Zone, City of Vukovar
- Business-Industrial Zone Jošine, City of Vinkovci
- Business Zone Lovas, Municipality Lovas
- Business Zone Skorotinci-Nova, City of Otok
- Business Zona Ambarine, Municipality Gradište
- Business Zone Sječine, City of Županja
- Business Zone Drenovci, Municipality Drenovci
The county is characterised by the intersection of road and railway directions of national and international importance and Pan-European transport corridors: Corridor VII – international waterway of the river Danube with the international river port in Vukovar and two passenger ports (Vukovar and Ilok), and a planned canal Danube – Sava, Corridor X with road and railway transport connects western and eastern Europe, Corridor VC with road and railway transport connecting western Europe with south Adriatic, and the airport Klis (Osijek) is also situated nearby.
Higher education institutions:
- Polytechnic “Lavoslav Ružička“ in Vukovar, courses: Trade, Administrative Studies and Physical Therapy
- Faculty of agriculture in Osijek, Branch office Vinkovci, courses: Entrepreneurship in Agriculture, Plant Production: courses: Crop Husbandry and Horticulture, Agriculture and mechanisation and Zoo techniques
Other: 16 secondary schools, 55 primary schools and 45 branch primary schools